Monday, November 4, 2013

The Black Dog on Whyte, Edmonton, AB


It's a working day in my little room above Blues on Whyte. The virtual office is open, and I catch up on the Blog, the FB, and the business of trying to clean up the tail end of this Tour. The back end is kind of ratty this year. It's a bit of a hangover from the crash last December. I got behind on things and just never caught up. Oh, well. I should be ok but there are still some challenging bits of route ahead of me, and I continue to work on filling some of the holes in the schedule. I usually play somewhere every night- pretty much have to in order to keep the wheels rolling under this life.

Not a bad day for guitar playing either- I work on some new songs and re-visit some old rag time stuff I haven't thought of in years.



Night time is The Black Dog, a little bar just a block or so from Blues on Whyte. My pal Ross Neilsen and his band are playing, so I've arranged to do a little set in front of his show. I just want to play some, and maybe cultivate some contacts for a gig here in the future. The set goes off just fine, but I never do meet the owners or bookers of the place.

Ross and his band do two sets, and we are joined by another touring show, the Keith Hallett Band. These boys, like Ross's band, are out of New Brunswick, Canada- and they also wear the very traditional roots and blues clothing of their region!


An early night at the Black Dog, so we all head back to Blues on Whyte where Mississippi Heat are starting their week. It's Monday, but it's pretty quiet except for the three traveling shows at the bar. The band is not friendly, so we take our party upstairs. It's a little blues social, and a fine time is had by all. I'm looking forward to getting back to playing shows tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment