Thursday, October 31, 2013

Lucky Man- Roads to Lloydminster, SK


My good pal, Gord MacAulay. A great blues guy and all around human being. We always have fun hanging out. I stayed with Gord in Saskatoon, SK and we actually managed to play some music together this time! My concert in his studio space last night was pretty nice, too- I hope more of the blues community get the house concert bug! But here's good-bye for now, and I'm off to new destinations.


All gassed up and ready to go. My bank is across the street from Bud's- go figure. My pal Big Dave McLean was here last week. We've had some adventures up and down this street, and up and down this town. Blues bands have passed through here from the very beginning. It remains a great, blues town with solid players and an active local scene.


I've got a stop to make on my route today. I'm going to visit an old friend! The autumn drive under big skies is remarkable, with weather systems teasing around the edges...





Yeah! How she ended up out here- far from the crash site- and how the new owner found me, is a different story for a different day. Today, I am reminded of what a lucky guy I am. This is, of course, the car that I was driving last year when I had my crash.



Good-bye to that Lincoln! My new Lincoln is dragging in the wind today, but we are pushing our way north to Lloydminster, SK, where I'll visit The Root this evening.





It doesn't get much better than this for a prairie ride. Got Lucky.

1 comment:

  1. appreciate seeing these photos. some sort of closure ..

    ReplyDelete