Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Mississippi Journey Continues Solo

It's been a couple of weeks since I left Doc roaming the roads of the Maritimes and I'm missing it in a BIG HUGE way! However, my journey in Mississippi continues...since I left, I've played the Sam Chatmon Festival in Hollandale, MS, the Busking Festival in Clarksdale, MS, and the Mighty Mississippi Music Festival in Greenville, MS. I'm off to the Delta again this coming weekend for the King Biscuit Festival (not playing, just going!), and the Pinetop Perkins Homecoming event at Hopson Commissary and the Shack Up Inn in Clarksdale! I'll be playing at Shacksdale, across the tracks! In the photo above, I'm with my buddy, Euphus 'Butch' Ruth at the grave of Sam Chatmon. We just had the stone reworked and are looking at replacing the photo on the stone also. Time and weather have taken it's toll and we want to be sure to keep Sam looking good!! Keep Doc busy up there and show the love and support this working man deserves! I'll be seeing y'all all again!

No comments:

Post a Comment