Friday, September 20, 2013

Bearly's, Halifax, NS


A real fun night in Halifax, NS. Libby Rae Watson and I played Bearly's- one of the east coast's most storied venues. Forty Harley-Davidson choppers lined up outside to blast up a little welcome as we loaded in. The bike set supports the blues in these parts, and I'd seen some of these riders before at my Halifax shows. Thursday night at Bearly's has belonged to Morgan Davis for many years. He very kindly offered this one up to us- and sat in for large portions of the evening.

Good sound, good food! Bev Lamb came down from CKDU to visit with us. One of Canada's hot young blues acts, the 24th Street Wailers, also came to visit. They look as good as they sound, but somehow we failed to get a photo with them! Joe Murphy and Monkey Junk were also in town, but picked up a gig elsewhere- woulda been fun... but work is work.


Libby Rae and I had a ball. A good looking stage here, typical of our set up.


Morgan Davis and I played a little mini set together to finish up. I love playing harp with Morgan- especially with the Darren Brown, DB Customs cigar box guitar! It's a great sound- at least I think so. Morgan and I will tour again next fall. Meanwhile, Libby Rae and I have got three more shows in this region.

Friday is an East Coast Blues Society house concert in Bedford, Nova Scotia. Saturday we'll be at the Marigold Theatre in Truro, NS, and Sunday we'll be in Hubbard's NS for our closing show at the Trellis. It's been really fun. We've brought some pretty unique music to Atlantic Canada, and Libby Rae has won new fans everywhere we have visited. I'm pretty sure she'll be back sooner than later! Anybody in the region who hasn't caught the show yet- last call!! Next week I'll be continuing solo across the continent. I'll miss her- but we'll do this again.

2 comments:

  1. Morgan Davis is one talented fella! Sure was nice to hear you two together! I'd like to be fly on the wall when you two tour together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete