Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Counting Down for Got Lucky


It's a cool wind up for the last days of summer. The lap top and cell phone are busy tools here as I continue to detail the upcoming legs of this year's National Steel "Got Lucky" Blues Tour. It has been a difficult year. The car crash which occurred toward the end of the last Tour had a ripple effect on everything afterwards. I did get very lucky, walking away from the wreck with two guitars- but virtually everything else was badly damaged or destroyed: the car, the PA, my harmonicas, my glasses, my laptop, my cellphone, my road atlas collection, tour receipts... Insurance manages to cover very little, in spite of the best of plans. So, it's been a year of re-building. Still a long way to go- but I've got a new old Lincoln out of Fort Worth, Texas, the office is up and running again, and I'm alive! Can't complain- really! I'm way behind where I usually am on bookings for this Tour. It's a bit strange to be putting the back end on it as I'm getting ready to play the front end shows.

Speaking of front end shows- the front end of this tour kicks off in Maritime Canada in about two weeks. My good pal Libby Rae Watson is coming up from Mississippi to join me for three weeks of shows. It's going to be a lot of fun on the ground- most of the drive distances are pretty short, we get to visit lots of places, some great venues... Can't wait to introduce Libby Rae to the Maritimes- and the Maritimes to her!

Libby Rae will have a brand new CD available. We've got Hwy 61 t-shirts, genuine satin, white stripe tour jackets, songs and stories, glass, wood, steel, a little bit of rust, a few tears and a whole lot of Mississippi mojo. I can't wait to take this show mobile! You can check out our schedule in the sidebar.

Tour posters have long since been mailed to the Maritimes. Digital versions are linked in the sidebar, should anybody want one. Jackets will arrive soon. First media releases set to go... Counting down. Gotta go polish that Lincoln. Before you know it I'll be parked at Halifax International Airport, ready to bring Libby Rae Watson out for a piece of Canada's biggest little blues tour. Hope y'all come along!


No comments:

Post a Comment